Have you ever thought pest problem can be solved without pesticides? It can start from the root of pests. Food source is the only reason that pests will stay at your home, therefore, the problem can be solved by non-chemical methods.
There are always some sesame-seed-shaped insects crawling on the ceilings and walls.
Those small insects are booklice, one of the most common household insects in Hong Kong. You can identify them by the below characters:
- 1-2 mm in length, which are smaller than ants
- In a range of colors from gray to brown
- Prefer to grow in warm, moist and dark environments
- Primarily feed on mould and fungi
- Do not bite
Common black spots of booklice include wallpaper, wall, ceiling, books, papers, wood furniture, and plotted plants
The Prevention/Elimination of Booklice
- Simply remove infested items such as books, stacks of paper, paper boxes, and food
- Store food airtight after opening to prevent mould growth on food
- Place dehumidifiers in different areas of your home in order to keep the place dry and prevent mould growth
- Clean the mouldy areas with the use of SmellGREEN® Natural Disinfectant Spray
- Schedule a +GPM Booklice Control Service from Johnson Group to eliminate booklice
- Kill and prevent mould growth with Mould Removal & Prevention Service from Johnson Group
If mould is growing at home, the following DIY kit will help you to eliminate and prevent mould.
Mould Removal and Prevention Kit
- Natural Disinfectant Spray
Non-toxic and non-corrosive on surfaces. Certified by HK Standards and Testing Centre, kills 99.99% of microorganisms.
- Natural Fragrance Gel (Orange Peels)
100% natural, non-toxic, phthalates-free and VOC-free. Absorb & decompose organic odor, formaldehyde, smoke, body odour, urine smell and mould odour.
- Wall & Ceilings Anti-mould Coating
Inhibit moulds & bacteria growth for 12 months. U.S. EPA approved and NSF certified.
Scratch-free and lint-free, cause no damage on surfaces.