Benefits of Using Our Service
Sanitation is fundamental to rat control and must be continuous. If sanitation measures are not properly maintained, the benefits of other measures will be lost, and rats will quickly return.
- Good housekeeping in and around buildings will reduce available shelter and food sources for Norway and, to some extent, roof rats.
- Neat, off-the-ground storage of pipes, lumber, firewood, crates, boxes, gardening equipment, and other household goods will help reduce the suitability of the area for rats and will also make their detection easier.
- Garbage, trash, and garden debris should be collected frequently, and all garbage receptacles should have tight-fitting covers.
- Where pets are kept and fed outdoors, rats may become a problem if there is a ready supply of pet food. Feed your pet only the amount of food it will eat at a feeding, and store pet food in rodent-proof containers.
- Seal cracks and openings in building foundations, and any openings for water pipes, electric wires, sewer pipes, drain spouts, and vents. No hole larger than 1/4 inch should be left unsealed to exclude both rats and house mice.
- Make sure doors, windows, and screens fit tightly. Their edges can be covered with sheet metal if gnawing is a problem.
- Coarse steel wool, wire screen, and lightweight sheet metal are excellent materials for plugging gaps and holes. Plastic sheeting, wood, caulking, and other less sturdy materials are likely to be gnawed away.
3 common rodent categories found in Hong Kong
Excellent climbers. Can be found in cultivated fields, at or below ground level, or in upper stories of skyscrapers. Mice explore their limited home range of less than 30 feet daily for newly introduced objects. Nocturnal. Most activity and feeding takes place between a half hour after sunset and a half hour before sunrise. Strong social hierarchy. Able to swim.
Alexandrian rat, black rat, fruit rat and ship rat.
Able to swim, jump and climb, roof rats usually enter and nest in upper portions of buildings. May nest outside in trees (especially palm), ivy and similar vegetation. Burrow very little. Nocturnal. Most activity and feeding takes place between a half hour after sunset and a half hour before sunrise. Strong social hierarchy.
Brown rat, gray rat, common rat, house rat, wharf rat, sewer rat, barn rat and water rat.
Norway rats burrow extensively in soil and are excellent swimmers and good climbers. They usually nest in basements and lower portions of buildings. Nocturnal. Most activity and feeding takes place between a half hour after sunset and a half hour before sunrise. Very strong social hierarchy- the biggest and strongest Norway rats get the best food and harborage.
Mice and rats reproduce rapidly because of short gestational periods and rapid sexual maturity. The reproductive cycle and number of rodent offspring increases where food and water are adequate, of course, harborage is another factor to their final number.
Mice become sexually mature and able to mate in as little as weeks. In general, sexual maturity is reached in 5 to 8 weeks.
Female mice reporduce up to 8 times in their lifespan, with litters averaging 4 to 7 pups. Therefore, a single female may produce up to 56 offspring a year.
Norway Rat & Roof Rat
Norway and roof rats become sexually mature and able to mate at 8 to 12 weeks.
Norway rats average 8 to 12 pups per litter, averaging 4 to 7 litters per year.
Roof rats average 4 to 8 pups per litter, averaging 4 to 6 litters per year.
Plague is a communicable disease of animals and humans caused by a bacterium called Yersinia pestis. This is primarily an infection of rodents.
Johnson Group Rodent Control Service
There is no better defense against rodents than a tailor-made treatment plan from Johnson Group. A thorough inspection is a key to a successful rodent control. By looking for some common signs of rodent infestation like runways, droppings and gnaw marks etc, we can then determine the severity of the infestation. This information is then used to choose the appropriate control methods, tools and devices, and to determine when and where to use them.
Green products for controlling rodents
Rodent Control Products
At the Johnson Group GreenSTORE™, you can acquire easily all effective, environmentally safe and non-toxic products. Free delivery to single location with purchase of HK$500 or above (Not including Discovery Bay and outlying islands, forbidden and remote area).
SafePRO® Electronic Rodent Trap
SafePRO® Electronic Rodent Trap is equipped with infrared sensors, when the rodents pass through the mousetrap, once the sensor detects the rodent body temperature, the grills comes down immedicately grille It will automatically prompt under the hood, will catch mice trapped in cages. In the past with drugs rodent, dead rats and will usually not so noticeable odor, the stench will make other Mouse difficult fooled; SafePRO® Electronic Rodent Trap is able to avoid this situation, coupled with the need to serve the bait, because the mice to reduce the influence of the anti-feeding and capture results.
- No Lure required
- No high voltage electricity required
- No noise
- Zero pollution
- Safe for human and animals
SafePRO® Rodent Sealant
SafePRO® Rodent Sealant is an animal-friendly pest-control and sealing paste used for preventing ingress from rodents and other pests. Once applied, the barrier is immediately active. The stickiness of the product prevents rodents from gnawing through. There are metal fibres inside SafePRO® which cuts the rodents’ mouth when they try to bite through.
The outer surface will also harden smoothly but the inside remains soft. When rodents breach the hardened surface its soft inner core immediately blocks them.
- Contains no pesticides or biocides
- Friendly to the environment
- Instantly waterproof (suitable for indoor & outdoor application)
- Long lasting protection – unaffected by extreme temperatures
- Paintable when dry
- Metal reinforced
- Made in the Netherlands
SafePRO® Ultrasonic Rodent Repeller
Ultrasonic Pest Repeller is a solid state electronic instrument that emits intense ultrasonic soundwaves to repel rats, mice, mosquitoes, flies, cockroaches, fleas, ants, ticks, moths, waterbugs and most other common pests.
Input Voltage : 240V AC 50/60Hz (AC/DC adapter)
Dimension : 130 x 80 x 38 mm
Weight : 0.31 Kg (excluding adapter)
Housing : ABS plastic
Ultrasonic Frequencies : 30-60 KHz
Sound Pressure : 100-130 dB
Power Consumption : 1.5 watts
Application : Ideal for household, office, and commercial business.
Safety Standards : UL,GS/CE
Rodent Glue Board Trap (Cardboard)
- Safety and No-pollution-No smell and poison.
- Super Sticky-Effective temperature between 5℃.
- 50℃, super sticky and effective.
- Sanitation and No Pollution-Discard the glue board with seal rubbish bag.
- Effective against rodent, cockroaches, flies, bugs and centipede , etc.
- Environmental Design-High quality card board and no pollution to environment.
TRAPPER® T-REX combines trigger sensitivity with the exact trap velocity needed to capture and hold rats. Its patented interlocking teeth make rat escapes virtually impossible. Safer to use than other rat snap traps, T-REX sets easily by foot or hand.
Its removable bait cup can be withdrawn, filled with an attractant and re-inserted without having the trap set. T-REX has multiple uses – placed alone or in pairs back-to-back along rat pathways, wired above ground to pipes or rafters, or placed inside Bell’s rat-sized tamper-resistant bait stations.
Protecta® LP2625 Tamper-resistant Bait Station
PROTECTA LP is a triangular shaped, rat-size bait station that fits in corners and flush along walls where rodents travel. It measures 3 3/8″ tall by 9″ deep (approx. 76mm x 228mm).
Patented interior baffles lead rodents directly to the feeding receptacle in PROTECTA LP which can hold all forms of rodenticides. This tamper-resistant bait station locks automatically when closed and unlocks with a special 2-prong key.
Protecta® Landscape LS1200 (Granite) LS1250 (Sandstone)
Looking every bit like a rock, PROTECTA Landscape is a rat-size bait station designed to blend in with outdoor environment. Its realistic colors – sandstone and granite – and naturally textured surface give this bait station the authentic look of a rock.
When the situation permits, rodenticided usually provide the cost cost-effective approach to rodent control. Our Pest Management Professionals choose only rodenticide with an active ingredient and formulation that works well for the particular environment.
Correct bait placement and proper placement (with tamper-resistant bait station) insure rapid rodent control and protect people especially children, pets and non-target animals from bait contact.