Johnson Group + Green AirTM
Mould and bacteria in the air conditioning system can cause serious health problems
Poor indoor air is a serious threat to the health of both employers and employees. If you or your staff suffer from any allergic reaction like asthma attacks, allergies, cold and flu-like symptoms, hay fever, fatigue, sore throat, sore dry eyes, it could be the air conditioning system that is causing it.
Why do we need to clean air conditioning system?
Air conditioning system can be excellent allergens (i.e., moulds, yeasts) & bacteria breading grounds. Dust gets deposited on the cooling fins, then becomes damp because air conditioners condense water out of the air. Damp dust is a pretty good medium for growing moulds and bacteria. Cleaning your air conditioners regularly can improve health, keep everyone away from allergy and improve the efficiency of the machines.
What is formaldehyde?
Formaldehyde is one of the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). Formaldehyde is a colorless, flammable gas at room temperature, has a pungent, distinct odor, and may cause a burning sensation to the eyes, nose, and lungs at high concentrations. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has classified formaldehyde as a known human carcinogen.
Exposure to formaldehyde?
The US Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) has limited workers’ exposure to an average of 0.75 ppm for an 8-hour workday, 40-hour workweek. Besides, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) set standards for formaldehyde emissions in manufactured housing of less than 0.2 ppm for plywood and 0.3 ppm for particle board. The HUD standards are designed to provide an ambient level of 0.4 ppm or less in manufactured housing.
Why do we need to remove formaldehyde (VOC) after renovation?
Formaldehyde is dangerous to human health. Building materials, indoor furnishings pressed woods, wood floor finishes, paints, upholstery fabrics are often the major sources at indoor because materials off-gas formaldehyde over time. People often spend more than eight hours a day indoor, California Environmental Protection Agency Air Resources Board suggests that it is highly desirable that residential levels remain well below 27 ppb (0.027 ppm) to avoid acute effects in such individuals.
Why do we need to remove moulds?
We rarely deep clean in all indoor areas on regular basis, this leaves various forms of moulds and fungi free to sprout and thrive in the untreated conditions. Moulds can cause many diseases to humans, allergic sensitivity to mould spores, from the growth of pathogenic moulds within the body, or from the effects of ingested or inhaled toxic compounds (mycotoxins) produced by moulds.
These micro-organisms can have damaging effects on the health, causing allergy like nasal, headaches, nausea, skin irritation, asthma or more serious respiratory and lung difficulties in the long term. Therefore, preventing moulds (mildew) and fungi is become extremely important, especially, there is a high humidity level indoor.
In keeping our words “Reducing any unnecessary use of toxic chemical to further reduce the impact to the rest of environment”. This service not only can prevent you or your staff from exposing to toxic chemicals and unnecessary contamination but also reduce the growth of moulds and bacteria effectively.
Allergy is a hypersensitivity disorder of the immune system. Most common environmental allergies occur to airborne allergens, such as dust mite, pollen, pet dander, mould spore, particulate matter or formaldehyde (VOC). Some individuals may respond to allergens which activate the production of IgE, leading to type I hypersensitivity. This will result in sniffling, sneezing, coughing, or itching or even an extreme inflammatory response.
Asthma and Allergy
Some main signs of allergy are itchiness, sneezing, inflamed or infected eczema, watering/reddening eyes, runny nose and clogging in the lungs. Allergens are tiny and light perfect for taking wing in the ducts and open air of spaces around your house. Indoor allergens like formaldehyde, dust mite, mould, particles or even volatile chemicals from conventional cleaners can accumulate in your air conditioners, curtains, mattresses, sofas and carpets . Allergens produced by house dust mites are among the most common triggers of asthma. Therefore, regular deep cleaning is essential.
IgE and Asthma
Immunoglobulin E, or IgE, is a kind of antibody that plays an important role in the development of allergic asthma. Increased levels of IgE may result when you are exposed to allergens, such as dust mite, pollen, pet dander, mould spore, particulate matter or formaldehyde. Your body releases IgE, which then binds with several types of cells like basophils, lymphocytes & mast cells. This can then stimulate your immune system, cause your airways to become narrow and inflamed, and make your asthma symptoms worse.