United States Environmental Protection Agency (List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2) lists out products that can be used against SARS-CoV-2, they are qualified for the emerging viral pathogens claim and meet EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes the disease COVID-19. The active ingredient “Thymol (EPA Reg. No.87742-1)” is included in the list as well**.
(message extracted from United States Environmental Protection Agency: N List updated on March 2020)
There are so many disinfecting products that are available today. To fulfill your personal needs, we need to know if the products we bought are really effective, so as to avoid risking our health and wasting money on products that do not serve our purposes.
Disinfecting Product Q&A
- Does “99.99% Antibacterial” Means It Can Kill Virus Too?
Viruses and Bacteria are totally different, which means being able to kill bacteria does not equal to killing viruses effectively.
- How Do I Know If The Product I Am Using Is Effective Against Certain Kind of Virus?
You can check and see if the product has the registration number from the US EPA, and check on the official site of US EPA. The product can be sold with different names but if the registration number is the same, then it is the same product
Hospital Grade Disinfectant
SmellGREEN® Natural Disinfectant is a broad spectrum，botanical bactericidal, tuberculocidal, fungicidal and virucidal disinfectant & cleaner made from a proprietary blend of plant extracts and essentials oils.
All natural, plant-based ingredients are non-irritating on skin & eye, non-toxic, non-carcinogenic and biodegradable; no ammonias, chlorines or gluteraldehyde.
Green & Safe
- Kills 99.99% of bacteria & viruses
- Plant-based ingredients
- Non-toxic, Non-corrosive on surfaces (pH8)
- Safe for kids, pets and the environment
- Does not stain surfaces or skin
- Satisfies stringent food security requirements
- 100% biodegradable
- HK Standards and Testing Centre certified, 99.99% anti-bacterial efficacy
- Registered at the US EPA and Health Canada
- Product from Canada
Applications of SmellGREEN® Natural Disinfectant
- Eliminate mould on walls, ceilings and hard surfaces
- Clean and disinfect surfaces such as furniture, trash bins, telephone, door handles, accessories of pets, toys etc.
- Space disinfection, to kill bacteria and viruses
- As a hand sanitizer to clean and disinfect hands (Can be used with Infra-Red Sensor Automatic Spray Dispenser)
Kill Bacteria, Viruses and Fungi in 3 minutes * registered at US EPA, Health Canada HK STC
Viruses (1min): H1N1/ Human Coronavirus/ HIV/ Rotavirus
Bacteria (2mins): Staphylococcus Aureus/ Streptococcus Suis/ Salmonella Choleraesuis/ Pseudomonas Aeruginosa/ Listeria Monocytogenes/ NDM-1/ Escherichia Coli/ Mycobacterium Terrae (3 Minutes)/ Escherichia Coli O157:H7
Fungi (3mins): Candida Albicans/ Trichophyton/ Mentagrophytes
Active Ingredient: Thymol 0.23%
Product Applications Disclaimer
– The disinfectant can only be applied on skin and object surfaces for killing bacteria and viruses
– The disinfectant is not a kind of medicine, which cannot be taken orally
– The disinfectant does not have the curing function against bacteria, viruses or any disease in human body