Formaldehyde (HCHO) is dangerous to human health. Building materials, home furnishings pressed woods, wood floor finishes, paints, upholstery fabrics are often the major sources in homes because materials off-gas formaldehyde over time.
People often spend more than eight hours a day in their homes; infants, kids and the infirm sometimes even spend the entire day inside their home. WHO (2000), Guidelines for Air Quality suggests that the level should below < 100 µg/m3 to avoid acute effects in such individuals.
Formaldehyde is one of the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). Formaldehyde is a colorless, flammable gas at room temperature, has a pungent, distinct odor, and may cause a burning sensation to the eyes, nose, and lungs at high concentrations. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has classified formaldehyde as a known human carcinogen. There is some evidence of asthma or asthma-like symptoms for children exposed to formaldehyde in homes.
World Health Organization defined volatile organic compound (VOC) as any organic compound whose boiling point is in the range from 50 °C to 250 °C. VOC can be found within nature environment, furnishings, building materials, glues and carpets. Formaldehyde, acetaldehyde and benzene are examples of VOC.
HK Environmental Protection Department & Finnish Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate set the TVOC at 200 & 600 μg/m3 or 0.087 ppm & 0.261 ppm as Excellent Class and Good Class respectively.
If we adopt formaldehyde (CH2O) as the only measuring unit, other VOC gases like acetaldehyde and benzene may still be found in homes or offices. For example, if 0 ppm is recorded for formaldehyde, it doesn’t mean there is no other toxic VOC within the space.
HK Environmental Protection Department Listed IAQ Contractor (Indoor Air Quality Information Centre)
In keeping our words “Reducing any unnecessary use of toxic chemical to further reduce the impact to the rest of environment”. We use only natural materials to decompose formaldehyde and Volatile Organic Compounds. This service not only can minimize your family from exposing to toxic chemicals but also eliminate harmful contaminants and odours effectively.
Allergy is a hypersensitivity disorder of the immune system. Most common environmental allergies occur to airborne allergens, such as dust mite, pollen, pet dander, mould spore, particulate matter or formaldehyde (VOC). Some individuals may respond to allergens which activate the production of IgE, leading to type I hypersensitivity. This will result in sniffling, sneezing, coughing, or itching or even an extreme inflammatory response.
Some main signs of allergy are itchiness, sneezing, inflamed or infected eczema, watering/reddening eyes, runny nose and clogging in the lungs. Allergens are tiny and light perfect for taking wing in the ducts and open air of spaces around your house. Indoor allergens like formaldehyde, dust mite, mould, particles or even volatile chemicals from conventional cleaners can accumulate in your air conditioners, curtains, mattresses, sofas and carpets . Allergens produced by house dust mites are among the most common triggers of asthma. Therefore, deep clean your home regularly is essential.
Immunoglobulin E, or IgE, is a kind of antibody that plays an important role in the development of allergic asthma. Increased levels of IgE may result when you are exposed to allergens, such as dust mite, pollen, pet dander, mould spore, particulate matter or formaldehyde. Your body releases IgE, which then binds with several types of cells like basophils, lymphocytes & mast cells. This can then stimulate your immune system, cause your airways to become narrow and inflamed, and make your asthma symptoms worse.